Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Does anyone here own a Flak 38 or know someone that does? I am trying to find someone that would be willing to send me some pictures and maybe short video clips of a few specific parts of one. It is very difficult to find detailed photos of them online. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
If you're speaking of the 20mm FLAK I know of a few out there as post 86 dealer samples. They were built from the kits InterOrdnance brought in about 12 or 15 years ago. I know of one transferable gun but I know the owner wouldn't be interested in doing pictures or measurements. Your best bet is asking the questions on one of the machinegun boards out there. Sturmgewehr.com might have a DD board as well....thats another possible place to check>

Frank

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're speaking of the 20mm FLAK I know of a few out there as post 86 dealer samples. They were built from the kits InterOrdnance brought in about 12 or 15 years ago. I know of one transferable gun but I know the owner wouldn't be interested in doing pictures or measurements. Your best bet is asking the questions on one of the machinegun boards out there. Sturmgewehr.com might have a DD board as well....thats another possible place to check>

Frank
Thanks for the info. I am indeed talking about the 20mm flak. I wasn't aware that flak kits were brought in, do you know what country they came out of? I'll post my question on some of the other forums and see if I get any hits there. The folks who own stuff like that seem to be fairly elusive!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I don't know for sure but I think the flak kits came out of Portugal or Finland. They were WWII German production and the ones I saw were in pretty nice shape other than the torching of the receivers. The people who play with stuff like this aren't always interested in sharing with non DD types. With the machinegun and cannon shoots disappearing over the last 10 years or so its more difficult to find info and owners.
Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.