Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello Zeme,
I found a similar rifle but made unusable, will try [when i get it, it is coming my way / just bought it] to buy a Steyr 95
to make a usable hunting rifle of it, but am wondering what work it will need to make a normal 95 a take down.
Any info/help much appreciated.
Whe
n Rifle recieved i will send more info/pics.

· Registered
4 Posts
takedown

Thanks Jericho,
work to do though to make this a shooter again.
Anyone having any experience with takedown's ? Is the barrel threat different? Can not imagine it is the standard barrel threat since you normally need a vice to screw it out. Do not yet know the condition of the current [steel filled] barrel / if i can get it unscrewed.
Thanks
will drop a post once gun is in sight of my camera

· Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Zeme, yes it seems i'll just buy a good-condition M95 to abuse to try to make it a take down with this stock. Unfortunately no reference on the gun on who made it, and searched the net extensively for anything close to this and so far your rifle is closest. The small difference is that it has a locking pin to position the barrel. when attached there is still play between reciever and barrel and i can turn it another 30 degrees further. Seems like worn out and probably the reason it was not used anymore and transformed to hang on the wall.
Which is exactly what it does now since i am too busy with tru-oil and my 2 Mannlicher Schonauer rifles, and with my latest buy, an Emil Kerner & Sohn sporter stutzen based on a Mauser action with Hexagonal barrel and nice engravings and Zeiss Zielsechs, which survived two worldwars.
This hobby gets out of hand :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.