Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received AIM's email about their Romy TT-33's. I am not familiar with prices on these or the Romanian model. Is this a good deal? They look good. And yes, I know they're not 03.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Since they're not 03, I don't really want to go through the hassle of transferring to an 01 and then pay the transfer fee. Man! This 03 license has caused me to get really lazy if I consider all of that a hassle.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'm going to order one Monday (if they're open). I already have a Chinese holster and a bunch of mags for my Chinese TT-33. I much prefer a TT-33 to my CZ-52.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
What kind of shape are these in? I have seen several at local shows that have rust spots or pitting.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i would honestly love to bite on that deal but all of the 01FFLs near me charge ~$100 for transfer and DROS. isn't the great state of Kommiefornia wonderful...:mad:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
"The CZ-52 never did anything for me, and I've owned 2 of them."

I really wanted to like my CZ-52 as I desired a matching companion pistol for my VZ-2000 when I go hiking in the desert. I expected it to be a very accurate pistol as it has a fixed barrel. I was extremely disappointed. I have a Polish TT-33 and a Chinese TT-33 that easily outshoot the 52.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Argghh! Can someone talk some sense into me??! Is there a compelling reason to either get a Romanian TT33 or not get one?

I already have a nice Soviet pre war bring back TT33 for looking at, and a Chinese T54 for shooting. I really enjoy shooting the T54, and of course enjoy looking at the Soviet TT33. I am really tempted to buy the Romanian version because it is so inexpensive, but I worry that I will just lock it up in my safe and never use it, and only look at it occasionally.

Thoughts, one way or another?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Thats pretty good price but I have already two CZ 52 s and a Norc 54 -1 which i love to death. In fact its my truck gun loaded with S and B 7.62x 25 HPs.
Again the condition on these Romie should be outstanding. SOmeone should give us report of what they get .

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
"Argghh! Can someone talk some sense into me??! Is there a compelling reason to either get a Romanian TT33 or not get one?"

Well, after the next presidential election do you think there will be more or less guns being imported to the US?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I passed on these because every one posted so far has the slide release cut out to facilitate the grossly enlarged safety lever. Had they done it in the same fashion as the previous Polish ones I'd go for it. It's poor forethought to butcher a pistol more than necessary.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Reason not to get one:

Argghh! Can someone talk some sense into me??! Is there a compelling reason to either get a Romanian TT33 or not get one?
######################
Reason not to get one: SAFETY!!!(but I like Romanian 7.62x25 ammo).
My Tokarevs http://news.webshots.com/album/341142991kHLFar have no safety.
1951 is imported by SSME. It was actually new.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts