Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, how do you like it?

I've ways wanted an AR 180, but not for what they go for these days. I just saw a video on the BRN 180. Never heard of one until just recently. I like the look of the receivers, but am not to crazy about the full length handguard. Still, I'd consider owning one. They seem a little smart on the wallet though, with the full uppers alone being between $800 to $1200. Looks to me like you can't touch one for under about $ 1600. A little too steep for my blood.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Save up and get an AR 180. They’re fantastic rifles. Magazine availability is the main drawback.

If I liked 5.56 and didn’t already have options that make me happier, I’d grab a BRN 180. Though the modern looks definitely put me off. I think this guy makes more traditional looking guards for them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Absolutely love my BRN; I have the 10" 300 Blackout upper. A friend has the 16" 5.56 upper.

They are great guns, but their relationship to the AR180 is in mechanics only - everything else is modernized.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have original AR180's....a Costa Mesa, a Howa and a Sterling. I've also got two BRN180's. It's not an either/or thing.

This is an 18" upper with Nodak Fusion lower, BRN stock (modeled after the Sterling stock I sent to B5 and they 3D scanned and make for Brownells. Finally available almost three years later).

·
Banned
1,528 Posts
Save and buy a real AR 180. I finally took the plunge at $1600 and man I wouldnt do it any other way. Mags, OEM mags are pain to find and expensive. However AR mags and Magpul Gen 3 mags can be easily modified to work. I have done 7 and all fit and function.

The Brownells is a great addition but for the price, spend a little extra and get a true 180.

Reactions: 2P Steel 6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts