Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know the exact manufacture date of a Ruger Standard .22 pistol. The dates available on the Ruger website are approximate shipping dates, not manufacture dates. I understand that the actual manufacture dates are in Dougans Pistol and Revolver book. The gun in question is serial number 28695X. If someone could help me out I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Absent a competent response, I'm offering less than a direct answer. Here just a few thoughts. First I would question any reference which offers data unavailable from the factory. That said, I know such viable information source does occasionally occur. Yet far more likely, it is extrapolation at best. Second, I'd probably go to the Ruger forum with this question and the underlying issue. Third, if you have sufficient ID on the book, particularly ISBN, check the possibility of Inter-library loan; first regional then national. Good luck!
My take.

·
Registered
141 Posts
From what I can tell, production in 1965 started at # 276308. Production for 1966 started at # 406740. Unfortunately, my friend who has the Dougan book is at the NRA show. I will ask him once he comes home. I hope this helps.
Regards,
Chris D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts