Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a cold war shoot with my newly acquired & cleaned up Ishapore 2A. Loaded 50 rounds of good South African 7.62 in stripper clips & assumed the position on the firing line. Totally embarrassed when told to load & couldn't close the bold because I had FORGOTTEN to oil the bloody thing. Thank goodness for friends I was able to oil it & carry on but really I shouldn't have. Out of 50 rounds I managed to fire off 45 & of those I only hit the target once at 100yds, not at all at 200 & three times at 300. So it's either a white stick or I find a (T) & only shoot in the sniper matches. Oh yes I managed to burn my thumb on the rear sight protector. Is this normal with 2As as I've never had it get so hot on a #1?

A thoroughly dejected
Sprog

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to hear you had some bad luck!
It took me over 20 hours of cleaning and tinkering to get mine up and running.
And yes my rear sight protectors get very hot :mad:
Don't give up yet, my 2A is the best shooting milsup I own.
DRAKE

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My first live-in g/f was essentially a "white-stick",101 pounds and 5-10".I'm sure she could be "used" readily wherever found....Have you took down the gun by chance yet? The spring-loaded thingy-magig under the front cap may be missing,or a loose king screw.That could cause the hit losses...or your blind as I am and need a rear peep of a #4!

·
Gold Bullet member
542 Posts
As long as you learn from it ;),have a think about what you did and set out a proceedure for when you shoot and follow it ,and she will be sweet :D .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts