Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably going to be shooting a silhouette match Saturday and then going up to Reno after the match. I'm planning to see the show Sunday morning. Anyone going?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Didn't know it was going on. Probably won't make it up there though, my other hobby is calling my name...

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,545 Posts
I heard last year was a bust...still on the fence...hmmmmmm...

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
I love that show, but have other things I need to do this coming weekend - I am bummed, but will save my $$ for the trip down there in April.

Pahtu.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,545 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only reason I get to go to the show is it's my wife's birthday this weekend and i offered to take her to Reno to celebrate! Just think how surprised she will be when I tell her about the show :D

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,356 Posts
888 miles of gas and hotel I cannot afford right now.

·
copper Bullet Member
11,498 Posts
Heads up on snow! Anyone else watch "h-ll on the highway" episode on donner pass?

I think show has degraded quite a bit with lots of dealers absolutely refusing to sell to out of staters regardless of FFL status. . Have regularly seen many familiar faces from CA gov types on per diem if you know what i mean. Must be nice to be paid to attend a show.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found maybe 6 Mosins at the show, and this is a huge show... So it is not a good place for Mosin seekers. I did find a 1944 m38 in Mid war 38 stock for $159. Almost bought it but kept walking.

Found a Finnish m35 bayo with frog for $300. It was blued all over which seemed odd, so i kept walking.

In the second building i found a few interesting rifles and stopped to check things out. Suddenly i spotted a guy carrying some Finns so i asked if he was selling and he said yes. I asked what they were and he said Mosin Mausers. I took a look and they are both wartime stocked SAKO M39s. He told me how much and I immediately bought them both without looking at the bores... At that price it didn't matter :)

I went to the next aisle and found m39 slings for $6.95 so i bought 2 and slung them on my shoulder. Them some guy stopped me and almost bought one but i decided to hold on to them a little longer.

Pics when i get home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Found maybe 6 Mosins at the show, and this is a huge show... So it is not a good place for Mosin seekers. I did find a 1944 m38 in Mid war 38 stock for $159. Almost bought it but kept walking.

Found a Finnish m35 bayo with frog for $300. It was blued all over which seemed odd, so i kept walking.

In the second building i found a few interesting rifles and stopped to check things out. Suddenly i spotted a guy carrying some Finns so i asked if he was selling and he said yes. I asked what they were and he said Mosin Mausers. I took a look and they are both wartime stocked SAKO M39s. He told me how much and I immediately bought them both without looking at the bores... At that price it didn't matter :)

I went to the next aisle and found m39 slings for $6.95 so i bought 2 and slung them on my shoulder. Them some guy stopped me and almost bought one but i decided to hold on to them a little longer.

Pics when i get home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
LOL, most of the shows I have been to for most of my years have been small shows......The Big Reno Gunshow is the largest I have been to - Over the years, often it is a bust for MNs or any other interesting milsurp, but sometimes it has the most unique things on the tables. The show is 12 hours on the road, one way.....yet I still travel to that show at least twice a year, it is hands down, a better show than any show I have been to in WA state.

For those wanting to check it out.....don't waste your time.......;)

Pahtu.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts