Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,610 Posts
I watched those bottem 2 also.....seems like there is always a better one the day after I get one and don't have any funds left.:mad:

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
I think the bottom two went to GB members. The 91-24 sure seems to have some shrapnel dings on the side of the mag. Slyhuntr..I want my dog back!

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,642 Posts
I too watched them without bidding. I actually started to bid on a 1922 Tula m91, but stopped myself. No gun money sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Yep, I picked up the VKT PL M91 - I did not have a PL marked rifle & was tickled to get that one.

Pahtu.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
BTW - I sure wanted that 91-24, darn thing would have fit nicely in the ole collection - My wants are bigger than my wallet.....:(

Pahtu.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Turfmn, I picked up an all matching 1937 Tula 91/30 from SOG for $100 which included the shipping and transfer cost. I paid the $10 for a hand pick. It was not counterbored and had a good bore.

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,039 Posts
$250 for an M91-24??? Wow. I woulda tapped that if I had the money. As it is, I've still got guns I'm paying for... why can't I be RICH instead of handsome? <GRIN>

·
Registered
75 Posts
1939 tula

The 1939 tula was also an ex sniper. If the seller had known he should have said somthing.good deal at $140.00. I wish i had seen it.:(

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
Pahtu - congrats on the PL marked VKT M91. Seems like I always see Tikka's with that marking. I think that is only the second or third VKT I have seen. Nice one!

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Thanks - I also have noticed there are few M91 VKT's that are PL marked - I wonder why? Mebbe folks just don't post em?

I feel lucky on the buy, as it should have sold for much more - The 91-24 I wanted as well, but I also wanted to eat this month :eek:

The MN's that show possible battle damage are very very interesting. :)

Pahtu.

·
Registered
759 Posts

I never realized what shrapnel can do, I always thought it was big chunks of metal that will kill or injure you. In this photo it's obvious the previous stock has been replaced. The marks on the magazine housing shows the potential damaging power of shrapnel. Looks like a wild shotgun blast! Painful on the skin and if it hit your eyes!
I realize more and more that WAR really is HELL :(

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
"I never realized what shrapnel can do"

Neither did I - I suspect if it can affect steel like that, then it can really zip through flesh...

Pahtu.

·
Diamond Member
7,473 Posts
Great score Pahtu..I'm green with envy. I'd love to have that rifle, or any PL marked for that matter. Denny

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
The '39 Tula ex-PEM is now mine.:D I should have it by the end of next week. MTMN is correct. The seller had no idea what it was and also could have improved his listing in several ways. I was biting my nails to the last few seconds of that one. :eek: I'll post more info when I get it. I picked up a '43 Tula PU this week, also. Same type of deal, where the seller didn't know, but I spotted it right away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts