Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this might not be the right place to post it but, it is the best since i know there is a lot of mosin guys on here.
it has a black bullet and shorter bullet compared to a normal round. if anyone knows what is i would like to know.
thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
havent shot it yet. i bought it along with a bunch of other misc stuff from a buddy that needed some cash. i think he got it in the mid 90's.

i only have one box of it, mine looks just like yours cept mine is marked with a boxed 31 on one side of the box and a boxed 74 on the other. it is 21 over 86 headstamp.

i dont think its especially valuable. gotta imagine its got a little less kick and higher velocity than most 54r. i shot plenty of the czech hollow core stuff and that barely kicked. i shot some 54r blanks (also czech, i believe) that had no kick at all.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I've got a few rounds of that copper coated stuff in my box of odds and ends. Not sure if this is East German or Czech ammo, but the cases are Berdan primed. The bullets are the full size 7.62x54mm service type. The case heads are stamped VPT 68.

These belonged to a Viet Nan vet. Something tells me that it might be 1968 vintage commie ammo that came home as souvenirs...

·
Diamond Member with Oak leaves and Swords
2,955 Posts
Dang! I gave a member a couple of hundred rounds of it so he could take his kids shooting and I even payed UPS charges. I guess I am getting old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.