1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts

The peon second from the left has what appears to be a Type 38

·
Registered
231 Posts
The Bird Cage Museum in Tombstone, Arizona has a Type 38 rifle in it that supposedly came from either a soldier or revolutionary that had come across the border, which is just a few miles away.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mexican Model 1913. Long story. There is plenty on the internet and in "The Type 38 Arisaka" book (out of print).

Frank

Any chance of reprinting that book, Frank?

I can bring my 1913 (D1232) up and you can tear into it and take any photos that you want. I've been intending to take it completely apart and photograph everything but just never got around to it.

Joe

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Isn't the blokes name Francisco Pancho Villa? Ponchos keep out de Wet.
Christiaan de Wet was a Boer general during the 2nd Anglo-Boer war. :p

·
Platinum Bullet Member with clusters
2,236 Posts
The Bird Cage Museum in Tombstone, Arizona has a Type 38 rifle in it that supposedly came from either a soldier or revolutionary that had come across the border, which is just a few miles away.
A few years ago, we visited the Bird Cage. On display with the rest of the 'old west' rifles was a T99 naval special. Yep, the lady said, it's a part of old west history. Rather than bag her, I asked if the owner possibly brought the rifle back from WW2 and whether he'd sell it. She replied that he wouldn't sell any of the stuff. Wonder if it was Wyatt's saddle gun. Just sayin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts