Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only had a quick look at the one I ordered prior to filling out the paperwork, and am waiting the mandatory seven days. IIRC, it's in excellent condition, blued, with squared trigger guard, and came with one 10rd unmarked magazine.

I was told by the vendor the mag was original CZ, but saw no markings, etc. The base is stamped metal and thin, not the thicker type, and there are no witness holes in the back. What should I look for to confirm its origin, or simply find out of it's a factory mag or not?

I was hoping to get a rounded trigger guard variation, but asked for the best condition they could find, and don't think I'll be disappointed even after a thorough cleaning.

Of course I'll post here once it's cleaned up.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a model 83 in .380acp (9X17mm, 9mm Short/Kurtz, etc.) and the pic on the distributor site shows a round trigger guard on a "Cal. 9 Browning" marked Model 83 slide.

Anyone know if the commercial/civilian Model 83 magazines have witness holes and/or any markings?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Mr. Mitch,
This was on a New CZ-83?

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Follow-up to original post. I picked up the CZ-83 from Cole's and it's in truly Excellent condition with only three tiny spots missing some finish (rear end of backstrap, and two marks on the slide). Both grip panels show wear, the right moreso, probably from holster carry, and the paint in the sights needs to be replaced, but if it weren't for those things, I'd say the pistol is in Like New condition. The red paint on the slide rails behind the safety is not only there but smudged onto the rails themselves (hasn't been worn from use) and the safety is stiff, even after some lube. Judging from the finish on the rails, this one hasn't been shot much. The bore is like new, but there was some carbon deposit on the chromed firing pin, so it's been shot, even if a little. It came with one, supposedly factory, mag with three witness holes on the back. Date code is 00 (2000) and it's polished blue, and nicely so.

I got an excellent deal on a very nice pistol!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gil,
I didn't understand the lack of rifling comment, the pistol is all original in excellent condition. These aren't C&R and I suspect the 9X18 chambering is what gives them that special status (remember, mine's a CZ-83 in .380acp). Notice, some of Century's CZ-82 offerings have new "US-made" barrels in 9X18. After receiving mine, I browsed gunbroker and noticed Cole has quite a few listed with rounded trigger guards, however, I suspect mine is probably in a little better condition simply due to being newer; don't know, I could be wrong.

If you're in the market for an excellent .380acp at a great price, you can't beat this!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
My CZ83 from Coles is a 1987 model and in 9x17 (380)....the bore is rifled. NOT C&R.

The CZ82 is in 9x18 (Mak) and barrel is polygonal (smooth).

The CZ82 IS C&R because it has been declared a CURIO from a now defunct country.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have one and it is in truly in excellent condition. Cole's always set up at the Knob Creek Machinegun Shoot and Military Gunshow. They are one of my favorite booths to visit. I bought my CZ-83 for $250 OTD after looking at and handling several they had at the Knob Creek show last October. When I ask where they got these guns from, I was told that they were imported them from Israel. Mine is dated 1990 by the way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.