Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think any MilSurp rifle purchase from a distributor is a dice roll, but the recent ones coming have been exceptional. I just bought one, 1943 Izhevsk. Beautiful condition, refurb. The wood is light with visible cartouches. The bore is VG+.I would call it an excellent purchase and I'm very happy with it. Plus it has a sweet trigger pull. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Same here. All the numbers matched, except the dang buttplate. Old Scope num is peened on receiver, new one is not stamped. Then the mount is EPd to the scope and bore of the rifle. Bore is VG+. Id order quick, free shipping ends today.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Got one last week from AIM. Consistent with the above posts and others posted here. 1944 Izhevsk. All numbers matched. Old scope lined out on receiver. Mount has been electro penciled. Scope is a 1943 Kazan and proper working order (very little use). The bore, rifling and crown were VG+. Stock is in great shape with very clear cartouches. It was so happy with it that when the free shipping sale was emailed, ordered a second.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Therealdangles, looks like a nice one! I'm supposed to get mine from AIM tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get a good one as well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Received two from Aim 43 and 44 Izhevsk both look to be in unsanded stocks with visible cartouches. Scope numbers on both barrels lined out, the scopes are both progress with at first glance have no visible re-furb marks or dates, at least one has a triangle 25 stamp and an upper case P. The scopes were neatly wrapped in rust paper tied with string, the bolt was also separate and neatly wrapped. Will post pics soon!

·
Registered
17,634 Posts
:laugh: we have fun here .. i love it.

According to aim; this is the only 1942 out of two or three previous shipments (over 500 rifles) . So you diffidently lucky; and it should be said - a big thank you to aim for being kind enough to post it here first.

The rifle will be in tomorrow. Detail thread to come then. Stay tuned.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
557 Posts
Got mine yesterday. 1943 Izhevsk. As nice as everyone else is reporting. Excellent, mirror bore. All matching. Very little wear. I am very impressed. Seems now is THE time to buy these. They are cheaper than when I was actively collecting them 10 years ago.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Got mine yesterday. 1943 Izhevsk. As nice as everyone else is reporting. Excellent, mirror bore. All matching. Very little wear. I am very impressed. Seems now is THE time to buy these. They are cheaper than when I was actively collecting them 10 years ago.
Been tempted, read the same from the last batch that I ordered from. The one I received (mind you this is not from the current batch), was heavily pitted in the grooves but the lands were/are sharp as all get out! It's a keeper. Just not willing to roll the dice again.

Cubrock and others that have received excellent bores, I am sure happy for you! Neat neat pieces of history!!

Draybo

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.