Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
The Chinese bought most everything in Yugoslavia that was brass cased to melt it down for the metal (According to Gun Week).

At the time it was cheaper than buying the metals on the commodity market.

They did not buy the higher priced M75 sniper ammo because it was more expensive than buying the raw metals and why we have it know.

There will likely never be a big quantity like before that buy but I am sure small batches will pop up at $250.00 a 900 round tin but forget the under $100.00 price ever happening.

Wulfmann

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Check with Nothernug on the Yugo Mauser forum at Parallax's.

He stays current on what is going on with all things from the former Yugoslavia.

He had advance knowledge about the M75 con signment that is currently selling.

I believe Branko told him about the ammo comming in to the U.S.

It is unlikely that more will come. Since the China deal. IMO

·
Copper Bullet member
443 Posts
I just received some of the 7.62x54r from aim today. opened 2 of my boxes. all the ammo was very nice looking. i only saw a few minor dings on a few of the shells. average weight between 30 bullets was 24.95g. from 1986.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I just received some of the 7.62x54r from aim today. opened 2 of my boxes. all the ammo was very nice looking. i only saw a few minor dings on a few of the shells. average weight between 30 bullets was 24.95g. from 1986.

Is that kind of a light load?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Wideners has the 50's Yugo 8MM for $233 a case, no strippers. They also have it on strippers for about $257 a case and they have the M75 as well, $300+ per case.
Ken

·
Copper Bullet member
443 Posts
i was referring to 24.9grams. it is 182 grain though. i have some russian 147grain light ball also, it weighs an average of 22grams.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Yugo M30 7.62x54r is indeed heavy ball, brass cased, bredan primed, and IIRC copper jacketed lead core 182gr. projectiles.

·
Banned
540 Posts
The Yugo surplus 54r heavy ball is the second or maybe the most common 54r ammo available today after the bulgarian 80's light ball.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Have any of you shot the M75? I understand it isn't really Sniper ammo, but is it at least high quality and accurate? I've got a case of Romy for plinking and making noise, but would like something in a brass case that is better than the 1950's Yugo stuff. Thanks

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,911 Posts
The M75 is xlnt surplus, but def. not match ammo. My German P635 from 1939 shot the pants off it.
Pre-WWII german ammo is not really available anymore, while M75 goes for .40 cents a piece on SPG. Any side by side tests i have seen between M75 yugo and 1930's german heavy ball(someone on the boards posted it) only saw observable performance differences 800+ yards out. 70's yugo is only slightly behind 90's yugo (M75) in performance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts