Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
looks scrubbed to me. i can see a 'ghost' of the year at the bottom of the recever.
also steyer was deep on the markings.....and that 660 looks awful light
sol

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Marked 660 but no year and the 660 is higher up than normal. Anybody seen another like this?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=79813326
Yup......

Actually I pulled this gun out of a importation....And if I look hard enough I can actually find the actual importation "packing" paper showing the code and serial number--It's the way it came into the states.

It's a scrubbed Polish Radom with the 660 stamped into the receiver.

Very legit scubbed version....This gun also has all the Radom inspector stampings under the wood as you would expect from a Polish Radom k98.

Nice gun obscure version for sure!

I picked out a LOT of unique variations including a couple of dual codes--BSW's--and "hand stamped" version BNZ's....NO I do not work for OT and am not advertising for them---This is simply a collector who picked out some nice variations for collectors to choose from on the retail market.

And for all you Black Copter' people out there--NO this gun did not cost any more then any other standard K98--so nobody "made this" gun to gain more $$$, because this is simply not the case.

I hope this helps.....
BAF

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I just won one of their auctions for a BSW code K98, I should have it in a few days. I've talked to the people at OT and can report that I'm very pleased with them. Bill and Bruce are very knowledgeable and helpful, taking their time to answer all my questions. I look forward to dealing with them again.

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,739 Posts
That price seems pretty high for an RC with pinged eagles, what is one worth with everything intact? I've got a 1940 660 G.29/40 with beautiful markings...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So who is on_target then? I didn't think they were a business, but maybe 4,000+ transactions should have clued me in on that. :)

They certainly have some oddball/interesting codes out there.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
These guys at On Target are really good. I won the auction for BSW K98, they shipped it Tuesday and it arrived today (Thursday). I would not hesitate to deal with OT again. I'm posting some pics of my BSW on another thread.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
That price seems pretty high for an RC with pinged eagles, what is one worth with everything intact? I've got a 1940 660 G.29/40 with beautiful markings...
A 1940 660 with G29/40 is rather "common place" as compaired to this variation!
So can anyone put a value on this gun???..Well the seller has put up what there willing to sell it for, so I thing that is a good starting point.
I have only seen one in all my years of collecting---15 years ago! So I knew this one would be a rather nice example to pull out of the importation for OT. Yes OT is probably one of the top 5 highest volume retail gun shops in the midwest. Very good people, with a excellent track record, and outstanding retail showroom filled with well over 100-150 military guns!

This gun has the ghost of both the Polish Radom eagle and the 1939 year. This is probably a extreamly early gun made shortly after the take over of the Radom plant.

As I recall it does have the Polish serial number also along with all the proof makes under the wood you see on Radom mausers...Definately a Polish Radom/scrubbed and built by the Germans.

Neat variation for sure!

If anyone has questions about a specific weapon, let me know I should be able to answer your questions.

BAF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts