Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody know what kind of bases these are and the kind of rings it uses? Are they a standard weaver type? There on a Yugo M48.

·
Registered
362 Posts
They look like standard Weaver bases. There are several companies that make them.

It is possible that the rifle was imported with the mounts, if the rifle is from Century.

If the rifle is from Century, it is still only a possibility that the mounts were installed in the old country and may be a off the wall brand.

I would need a side view of the rear mount and how it fits over the charger bridge to be able to give you a better idea.

You can get you a set of Weaver type rings and see if they will fit. They should.

Rings come in low, med. and high, very high profiles. It depends on how your bolt handle is set up to clear the scope, on which you will have to use.

So a picture of the bold handle installed rear looking forward view would help. From that I should be able to tell you what height rings you will need.

Also, look on the front of the barrel and post what the import mark it.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the only other picture I have and I was told the rifle was imported by Century recently.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Look on the front of the barrel near the cleaning rod for the import stamp. Not that it is all that relevant, its just for interest.

The bolt does appear to have been bent a little. Hard to tell from the angle.

I think you have just standard Weaver type mounts. Mfgr is not important they all will accomidate rings made for Weaver mounts.

Are you thinking of scoping the rifle?

·
Copper Bullet member
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have the rifle, just found it online and was interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts