Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Interesting photos, both military model Ross rifles! I have several Model 10 sporters in .280 chambering. Great rifles, if with ''note of caution re bolt assembly!
Your reference of inquiry I 'assume'; the rifles' with almost consecutive serial numbers as appear in second from the top AND the reference to barrel attachments as reflected in sixth photo from the top.
Re your question... No idea. Just here, to clarify your apparent relative photos of interest.
Best!
John

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found out that the covers on the barrels are on rifles that were used in the Creedmore competit ions from the lying cross legged stance. on back, legs crossed, rifle supported on feet.

Sights on butt stock. Sorry for poor pic.
Wood Curtain Hardwood Tints and shades Wood stain

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You are looking at the collection (mainly) of the late Frank (Francis) Dupuis.
Frank was a Canadian who taught engineering at a university in the USA and Birmingham Alabama seems to ring a bell.
It was over 50 years we corresponded on a matter and I just found the note from Frank in my desk a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Those are Ross 1905-1910 Match target rifles. Rifle B5285 is listed/show on pg 159 of The Ross Rifle Story. Thank you so very much for the photos! Catnip to Ross lovers.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Thanks to those here for the Ross eye candy & info contributions. Below a pix of my Ross sporters with 'my own apologies' for not better quality photo. From 2007 as impromptu. Never shot any of them, which I believe isn't unusual considering predominant 280 cambering of which Walmart seems "temporarily out of stock"! :)

I join in "Slava Ukraine!" Wife's parents from L'viv sheltering with us in SoCal. Myself, 1997- 2000, in Ukraine & Russia "interfacing" with respective national police under US State Dept auspices. 'Another story, another era... Another world!' Happier if naïve pre "911"
Wood Hand tool Tool Hardwood Wood stain
times!
Best!
John

·
Banned
13,351 Posts
Nice collection of M10 sporters. I only have one of them. It has the Porter pop up sight, but sadly has had a recoil pad added.

I did manage to collect 3 of the MkII** target rifles. None of them have a serial number on the trigger guard, two of them have no serial whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts