Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
What do you want to know about them.....I've had a few of the 799's go through the shop. Most of them were .223's which got converted to .300-221. There were a couple 7.62X39's too and the owners love them. They feed and function well with reasonable accuracy. Not a lot of super accurate ammo out there so its hard to tell if the rifles are any good or not. According to my conversations with Remington and their distributor they dropped the import of the 799's in all cals. Not sure if the 798's were included or not.

Hope that answers at least some of the question
Frank

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you want to know about them.....I've had a few of the 799's go through the shop. Most of them were .223's which got converted to .300-221. There were a couple 7.62X39's too and the owners love them. They feed and function well with reasonable accuracy. Not a lot of super accurate ammo out there so its hard to tell if the rifles are any good or not. According to my conversations with Remington and their distributor they dropped the import of the 799's in all cals. Not sure if the 798's were included or not.

Hope that answers at least some of the question
Frank
798 included. They are together in the same "liquidation" catalog.

I guess I want to know if they are more accurate than civi AKM with surplus ammunition. Any reports on five shot groups at 100 yards or similar?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I don't have any real feel for the rifles other than one friend who handloads. He has had pretty good results with sierra bullets and loads he worked up for the rifle. Reports are that he's shooting sub 1" groups. I don't know what the rifle was like with surplus. I like the rifles myself but never fired them in 7.62X39. All of mine were converted to 300-221. They shot well but my barrel blanks were pretty good quality and heavy. The triggers are adjustable for travel and weight and the bolts are pretty good for a factory rifle. I like the mag much better than the single stack detachable that the CZ527 rifles use. The extractor is the one weak link in my opinion but if you don't over do it they should be fine. The prices I've seen in the closeouts for RSR and Jerry's were pretty good so in my opinion its worth the cash to try one. They do sell in the secondary market too so if you don't like it you should be able to at least get your money out of it.

Hope that helps
Frank

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have any real feel for the rifles other than one friend who handloads. He has had pretty good results with sierra bullets and loads he worked up for the rifle. Reports are that he's shooting sub 1" groups. I don't know what the rifle was like with surplus. I like the rifles myself but never fired them in 7.62X39. All of mine were converted to 300-221. They shot well but my barrel blanks were pretty good quality and heavy. The triggers are adjustable for travel and weight and the bolts are pretty good for a factory rifle. I like the mag much better than the single stack detachable that the CZ527 rifles use. The extractor is the one weak link in my opinion but if you don't over do it they should be fine. The prices I've seen in the closeouts for RSR and Jerry's were pretty good so in my opinion its worth the cash to try one. They do sell in the secondary market too so if you don't like it you should be able to at least get your money out of it.

Hope that helps
Frank
Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.