Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems all are out prior to Jan 20. I hope they are importing some soon . From reports in different forums, the Saiga .223 has been phenomenal in accuracy and price is quite affordable. Unfortunately , they have all increased in price.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
There's a new shippment due soon keep an eye at your dealer or ask him if he has any ordered. I'm sure the'll go quick once they arrive. I heard this from a good source.

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is way off topic, but I was stunned by the percieved accuracy of my 16" Saiga 7.62 gun. Good luck in finding one.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
The russians did say they were focusing on making the saiga's more accurate and they did succeed. They also admitted that the 223rem and the 308win saiga's were even more accurate than the russian calibers are and they think its due to the design of our brass case.

·
Copper Bullet member
443 Posts
I just recently added some new furniture to my Saiga .223. I added the RAA Skeleton Stock. It weighs about 1.5lbs more than the factory stock and is also 2" shorter. I really like the feel of it. I also added a Surefire Saiga Tri Rail made of dupont polymer. It feels as solid as an aluminum rail. I also added a multi position fore grip positioned at a forward 45% for that "amd - 65" type feel.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
The russians did say they were focusing on making the saiga's more accurate and they did succeed. They also admitted that the 223rem and the 308win saiga's were even more accurate than the russian calibers are and they think its due to the design of our brass case.
I purchased a 20" .223 Saiga a couple of weeks ago,and can attest that it is very accurate for a rifle of its type,however I was using steel cased russian ammo and brass and it shot equally well with either.The ammo was barnaul 55gr soft point and Norinco 55gr FMJ.I went with the .223 because I have been told the Saiga's in this caliber are more accurate than the 7.62x39 and because I mainly want it for small game hunting and I feel the .223 is a better bet for this use.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I have read posts about the russian barnaul ammo being a tad more accurate over the other imported russian ammo. I just ordered some barnaul in 223 and in 7,62x39 soft point to hunt with. I also have a stash of there 7,62x54r soft point ammo when it was just $4 a box.

My saiga in 308win with the 16" barrel will shoot 1 1/2" groups at 100yds benchrested with south african 308 ball ammo. Thats awesome accuracy for an ak/akm rifle.

·
Copper Bullet member
443 Posts
I have read posts about the russian barnaul ammo being a tad more accurate over the other imported russian ammo. I just ordered some barnaul in 223 and in 7,62x39 soft point to hunt with.

I like the brown bear in my saiga. It is made by Barnaul. If you would, please let us know your thoughts on it after you shoot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts