Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seeing any monster bucks?
They started scrapes here in NW PA now the fall weather is here.
Not many deer around like their used to be thanks to the PA game commision.
All I got is a picture of this PA monster buck today enjoying a mineral lick.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,234 Posts
Yes I have heard the herds are pretty thin up north these days:( I use to hunt in Jefferson Co. and would see 50 deer a day for the first week! Those days are gone forever I guess. As far as bigger racks the SW.Pa area seems to have a fair amount ,mostly in semi populated areas though like Allegh. Co. my Dad has been seeing a few nice 8 and 10 pt. at his place where I hunt ,Just hope the bow hunters dont gett'em first:)

·
Ask me about my 390 lbs mother in law.
1,005 Posts
More Monster bucks

My son got these two bucks in Pennsylvania and South Carolina SC buck on left. PA buck on right. Got them within a week of each other.

·
Registered
19 Posts
not many in Western Ky this season

We have an interesting little sickness called Blue Tongue related to the drought that we are in. It has killed such a high number so far that the wildlife people are considering lowering the number of deer allowed to be tagged this year. It must be bad for this story to surface right before deer season,Ky makes more money on out-of-state hunters than the residents themselves.
As far as seeing antlers I haven't seen the first pair,but a few years ago a buck with a massive rack slipped past me without making a sound,and last year I shot a big bodied 10 pointer,most likely the first and only big buck that I will drop,with a 1902 6.5x55 Swedish M-96.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts