Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've purchased every martini henry part except the action which seems to be difficult to find. Does anyone have one that I could buy?
Thanks,
Declan

·
Administrator
4,014 Posts
Actions in any form are scarce but obtainable, you just have to keep looking. Tearing down a complete original is always a possibility by not economically wise as collectors values on complete original guns are now increasing and are high.

Look on Gunbroker for already converted guns. Or people selling what the don't know what they have.

Small actions for the .22 Hornet. The .22 rimfires are easily adjusted to shoot centerfire.

Put up WTB where you can and something will show up. Be patient.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Post a picture of what you have, I may be interested, be sure to show dates and numbers on the receiver

·
Administrator
4,014 Posts
BSA Cadets are not Antique. They do need FFL for transfer.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,115 Posts
BSA Cadets are not Antique. They do need FFL for transfer.
Doesn't that apply to Greener Cadets as well, Douglas? Though at least some of the Francotte Cadets ARE antiques, and I think some of the miniature Martinis in .450 (? - maybe .450, the .450 revolver round) were. All the ones i have seen (piccies only) were for New South Wales pre-Federation, and made by perhaps Braendlin.

·
Administrator
4,014 Posts
The 297/230 Francottes are 1898 or earlier,, thus antique. Greener Cadets, I am not sure. I do Greener barreled BSA's definitely not antique.

The .310 Cadet cartridge was introduce by Greener in 1900. So it would be reasonable to think a Greener .310 would not be an antique.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,115 Posts
The 297/230 Francottes are 1898 or earlier,, thus antique. Greener Cadets, I am not sure. I do Greener barreled BSA's definitely not antique.

The .310 Cadet cartridge was introduce by Greener in 1900. So it would be reasonable to think a Greener .310 would not be an antique.
Indeed.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
The Greener 310 Cadets were purchased in 1908,as well as some first type BSAs...these have the same sight as the Greener......the second purchase two years later were BSA s with the familiar windage adjustable sight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts