Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Sportsmansguide.com they have quite an assortment of milsurp clothing. Acouple of years ago I bought a 10 pack of Swedish I think field caps.They were kind of flimsy and had fold back earflaps that kind of looked like a fairy cap ! Needless to say I don't wear them.LOL.
The have new polish and german parkas too.I was wondering about the quality and whether a XL size would really be XL or too small ?

Plus wearing this milsurp clothing I might be labeled as a "poser".:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Not so much a poser, but a 'plant' looking to see who and how militia groups collect their accoutraments. Essentially, a snitch job from a guy posing as a brevet Nazi symp.

Still, to answer your question as if your a serious collector, european small is smaller than American small. I have found that some of the stuff is about a size different, especially the German stuff.

I like the parkas from Poland, as they are pretty rugged and good with the cold.

The only mil-surp clothing I really like are the BDA blouses. I like pockets, and those things have nice large pockets. My wife loves them, to, as the breast pocket are big enough she doesn't have to carry a purse. I get them big enough to wear as a light jackets. Other than that, I like my M65 field jacket. With the liner, it is snug in the below temps I get here, and, unlike a nice, spendy parka, I can work on my cars in the snow without worrying about ruining a nice looking coat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.