Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My daughter has recently moved to Memphis and I'm heading up there for a visit in a couple of weeks. Anyone know of any places a Japanese weapon/military collector might find interesting? Thanks, Doug

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
Not Japanese but about 40 miles away is my favorite Civil War battlefield, Shiloh. You should check it out. It's nice because there isn't anything modern encroaching on it. They have a very nice museum as well. And, when you finish at the battlefield, there is a really good catfish restaurant just outside the park :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob, Shiloh is on the list for sure. I'm also headed to the Fort Donelson battlefield while I'm in the area as that is where my GG Grandfather was taken prisoner by the Yankees. I'm looking forward to learning more about that.

Doug

·
Platinum Bullet Member with clusters
2,289 Posts
A little heads-up, Doug. If you get over to Wytheville to search family records, the locals pronounce the city name as "Withville." I got corrected by someone from the area a few weeks ago. When youse get there, I'd hate for them to spot you as 'not from 'roun here.'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.