Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Story from the person I got it is that it is early German WW2 from somewhere in the Baltic states. Any idea on what exactly it is for or where it is from?

Pretty sure that box is for an L.F.H 18 ( Light Field Howitzer) power charge, or the round itself. I have one that is dated 1939, but mine is a dark green and has stenciled markings on the lid. I've never seen one that was "camo" but that doesn't mean they didn't exist. You should look around on the inside of the lid, and on the lower outside corners of the box, that is where there should be some "stamped into the wood" waffen ampt markings, and or a date. Mine is dated 1939 on the outside on one of the end portions of the box.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the response. Not seeing any stamps at first glance. Can you provide pictures for your stamps to make sure I am looking in the same place?

Pone thing that is obvious from my inspection is that this thing is VERY old.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,481 Posts
It is made to hold three round somethings with a protrusion in the center. Or multiples of three if they were not too thick.

Regards,
Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.