Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given this for free this morning. I've looked around & found that it has the series 1 symbol, the variation A front sight, no importers mark,the bolt does not match the barrel serial number, barrel is chromed, & AA wings on rear sight. What else can anyone tell me. Date made, value (no I''m NOT going to sell it), & any othe general info you guys can help me with. Any help is much appreciated. I only collect MN's so I really lost here in this area.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,479 Posts
Definitely paid too much for it. I will relieve you of buyer's remorse by paying you $100 more than you paid for it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, you guys know more than me. This is the 1st one of thse I've seen & it sounds like it's pretty much worthless. Mismatched, sanded, etc. I'll probably just dump it. Thanks for educating me. I appreciate it. Glad I didn't pay anything for it.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,651 Posts
It is not "worthless", just not eminently collectable. $150 for parts is still in the ball park.

PS. Turkeys can fly, at least the "original" model.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,211 Posts
PS. Turkeys can fly, at least the "original" model.
I can attest to that - on my way to work last week a wild turkey flew across the highway ahead of me, narrowly getting missed by a truck. I didn't know they could fly that good!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,651 Posts
Notice I said "original" model; wild turkeys fly very well, there domesticated cousins- not at all.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a line from the TV show, "WKRP in CINCINATTI." (sp)

·
Silver Bullet member
15,651 Posts
Another obsure bit of pop culture that passed me by.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.