Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,009 Posts
Butt stock has a large staple in the side to hold the sling, bands are farther apart than the kar98k, lower band has a side and lower sling swivel, cleaning rod larger in diameter, butt plate is not cupped, many where rebuilt with Kar 98k trigger guards and floor plates after the war. Receiver barrel and bolt are the same as the German 98k

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I only had one for a short time and am not too knowledgeable about them. The forward band/bayonet stud is very unique if I have my rifles right. I'd say the bolt knob was a little different from average too.
I'll post a few pics and others can confirm or deny their correctness or not as may be. Pics are always a better 'description' of things like this anyway.

·
Diamond Member with Oak Leaves and Swords
3,472 Posts
1. It's s short rifle, unlike any previous Spanish military Mauser.
2. Its half handguard surrounds the rear sight and is longer than other Mausers
3. It has grasping grooves in the stock. The grooves are much shorter than other Mausers so designed.
4. All parts were blued when manufactured
5. The bolt's serial number is on the length of the bolt handle, and irs numbers are larger and far apart.
6. The M43 is almost always found with a bayonet adapter on its original bayonet bar.
7. If the bayonet adapter has been removed, you will see a large hole in the original bayoner bar when the adptors screw used to sit.
Regards,
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts