Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I am waiting for my personal "holy grail" to arrive, a non-refurbished and non-import marked 1937 Tula Nagant revolver I thought I would share some photos of the holster I picked up for it.

I abhor the post-war ruberized canvas holsters you often see paired with the current batch of Nagants coming into the country so I went in search of something different. I came across this really neat company on the web called "Front of Russia" (http://www.frontofrussia.com/index.html) and was quite impressed with the selection of items they have. The nice thing is they rather clearly state what are reproductions (for use by reenactors) and which are originals (for us collectors).

I was a bit leery sending my money off to the Ukraine, but I must say the excellent email communications I had with the company's owner, Alexander, assuaged by concerns. Anyway, here is the holster and I would love to learn more about the history of this particular variant. If I understand correctly, this 1930's-era holster was "dual use" and would be paired either with a Nagant revolver or a TT-33 pistol. The neat thing is the ammunition pouch under the front flap perfectly accommodates 14 Nagant rounds.

Tim

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
Maybe a TT-33 spare mag would fit in the ammo pouch as well as individual Nagant rounds.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe a TT-33 spare mag would fit in the ammo pouch as well as individual Nagant rounds.
I would be surprised if you could fit a magazine in there since there is little play in the leather, but, I guess it is a possibility. If I ever come across a nice TT-33 to add to my collection (and the money to do so, ha, ha) I'll give it a try.

Tim

·
4,049 Posts
See if another mag would fit in the pouch.....say, a CZ52 which is also 7.62x25.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
I thought that I saw a similiar holster with a vertical pouch for the TT's magazine. Still, it is a cool holster. :D

·
4,049 Posts
That is correct on the vertical mag pouch for the regular TT-33. I have two of the them for my two TT's.....

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh nuts, from what you guys have written it sounds like I was misinformed regarding the fact that this holster was used for/would be correct for Nagant revolvers as well as the TT-33. Were these 1930's holsters not used for the Nagant revolver??? If not and some one is interested in swapping this holster for a correct 1930's Nagant holster please drop me a line at [email protected]

Tim

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Tim, if you don't get an answer on that holster pretty quick right here, suggest posting it over on the Military Handgun Forum.

·
4,049 Posts
Here's one of my old holsters...

·
Silver Bullet member
2,011 Posts
The holster does not look like a Russian or Soviet holster. The Swiss used one of that general shape (with clip pouch on flap) for their Lugers, but I don't think it's Swiss either. My guess is that it is Spanish. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool holster, but it was not made for a Nagant revolver.

Best regards,
Greg

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm............disoriented. Was there not an entirely different (tan) holster pictured on this thread yesterday? I know damn well the holster was tan, laying on the same Soviet flag. With the horizontal pouch under the main flap & showing 14 rounds of Nagant ammo stuffed into it?? I know it was! This is the Astra 400 holster that was posted on another forum. Forum glitch, or what?

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Radom,

Now you have me disoriented, ha, ha, ha. I still see my photos of a tan holster that I was told and believe to be a holster that was alternately used for the TT-33 pistol and the Nagant revolver during the 1930's. Based upon the ensuing discussion it sounds as though this holster may have more commonly been used for the TT-33 with the elongated pouch being used to hold an extra TT-33 magazine.

Personally, I would have much preferrred a 1930's holster similar to the one pictured in Ol' Duke's post on the first page. So, if anyone happens to have a spare holster and would like this one in trade please email me directly at [email protected]

Tim

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Man. I'm seeing the black Astra holster right here, right now. Hit refresh, go look at your Astra holster post, come back here. Still see the Astra holster. Weird. I'm clean, I swear, your honor...

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man. I'm seeing the black Astra holster right here, right now. Hit refresh, go look at your Astra holster post, come back here. Still see the Astra holster. Weird. I'm clean, I swear, your honor...
OHMIGOD, you're right! I just hit the refresh button and my Astra holster appeared. That is most definitely the strangest thing. I will have to go back and see if somehow the images in photobucket got mixed up.

Tim

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
Weird, I just hit refresh, and yup, a different holster appeared. Coincidence? I think not. ;)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yeah, it appears we all need a little more, or a little less. Hard to tell which sometimes. Maybe it's an example of that there mass-hysteria/hallucination thing. And, I started it. Go figure.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, give it a try now. I reimported the photos from my photobucket folder and hopefully it will not change again.

Tim

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
Yes, you fixed the magic holster. I have made a mental note about reimporting images. I hope that when I hit the mental refresh button later, it is still there.:rolleyes:

·
4,049 Posts
Hey, I want what you boys are smoking......;-)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
NEVER drink two Monster Khaos energy drinks on top of a quart of coffee. Keep 'em away from the grandchildren, too! (especially, actually)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts