Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen tons of English-language reading material on the Arisaka series, but practically nothing on the Muratas beyond some brief online articles that give a general overview. Are there any good reference books on Murata rifles that someone could recommend?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
The only book that I know of is "Japanese Murata Rifles 1880-1897" by Stanly Zielinski. It was a Banzai Special Project Number 10.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Don't believe so. Look on BANZAI and there is a link to contract Stanly Zielinski. Not sure if he has any copies left after all these years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Military Rifles of Japan is still readily available and has good information on the Murata rifles. Bolt Action Military Rifles of the World also has brief information on them.
I own 'Bolt Action Military Rifles of the World' already, but don't have the other. Will take a look online to see what it's going for...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I own 'Bolt Action Military Rifles of the World' already, but don't have the other. Will take a look online to see what it's going for...
Miko.H, did you get Dr. Zielinski’s contact info? If not, I can PM you his email if you need it. I bought a Murata book from him 3 yrs ago, and I believe he said he still had a few more at the time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Miko.H, did you get Dr. Zielinski’s contact info? If not, I can PM you his email if you need it. I bought a Murata book from him 3 yrs ago, and I believe he said he still had a few more at the time.
No, at the moment I only have a work laptop and the Banzai website was blocked by my network, so I couldn't access it to find his contact info. If you could PM it to me that'd be much appreciated, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.