Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two antique Sestroyesk receivers. Both 1896. On had the Tsar marking and it’s been scrubbed off with the circular depression that’s common to see. The other never even had the mark to begin with. I had thought that all antique receivers made is Russia got a Double Eagle stamp. Anyone else have an antique made in Russia with no Double Eagle or evidence of it having once been there?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have an 1895 Tula receiver with no crest. I know Izhevsk receivers were marked by this time however

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,698 Posts
It's possible that the entire upper flat was ground flat, leaving no trace of any original stamps.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I have two antique Sestroyesk receivers. Both 1896. On had the Tsar marking and it’s been scrubbed off with the circular depression that’s common to see. The other never even had the mark to begin with. I had thought that all antique receivers made is Russia got a Double Eagle stamp. Anyone else have an antique made in Russia with no Double Eagle or evidence of it having once been there?
Could you post the pics of the tang markings?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
It’s a single arrow and 96 on both of them. One has evidence of the double eagle and the other doesn’t.
From all the M91 I have Tula 1892, 93, 94, 95, 96 (with matching tangs) have no Imperial Eagle on the receiver, all years after that do (until replaced by Big Hammer). I do not have all consecutive years by Sestroretsk or Izhevsk but all mine have that stamp.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From all the M91 I have Tula 1892, 93, 94, 95, 96 (with matching tangs) have no Imperial Eagle on the receiver, all years after that do (until replaced by Big Hammer). I do not have all consecutive years by Sestroretsk or Izhevsk but all mine have that stamp.
I guess they all didn’t get the stamp. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts