Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening,

Looking to secure representatives of the Mannlicher series of rifles from 1885 to 1895. I am not concerned with '95 parts but am looking for suppliers of the older models. Specifically, the external hardware such as barrel bands, buttplate screws, etc. Thanks, Randy

·
Registered
84 Posts
Honestly, ebay is youre best bet for stuff not on numrich. Also several parts are interchangable between the 1886 and 1888/90 and the early guns and the m95. The stacking lug in the 88/90 is basically the same as the m95. Other than that, having an example of each gun or knowing someone who does and test-fitting will go s long way.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Springfield Sporters had some m.88’s that they didn’t have out for sale. I got parts and rifles from them several years ago, before Russell got sick. Whether Century Arms now has them, or whether they sold them to someone like Apex, I don’t know. But I haven’t seen them surface yet.

Russell told me he never got around to listing the parts on his website because “there was no market for them”. Yet he cleaned and boxed up enough m38 carcano bands to supply an extra to everyone in the world who owned a rifle.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pre-1895 Manlicher parts are just hard to find and at some point so too will 1895 parts be hard to find. When Numrich does not carry what you want, you are probably going to have to spend some time finding the part. In the past, I had no issue buying an incomplete weapon. Now, I have usually passed on incomplete weapons if I can not find the part at the usual sites. Randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.