Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am here visiting from the mauser section because someone brought me an unusual shotgun. I am not sure how to measure a shotgun barrel but it is better than 32 inches. It has the damascus twist and the reciever has remnants of that also. On top of the reciever it says "LONDON TWIST. AMERICAN" I looked up american and this model was not there. I would appreciate any help. Thank you

When you crack the barrel there is the number54 at fLoor of reciever and under barrel. Again thank you for your tim.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Your shotgun has all the visual characteristics of a C.S. Shattuck trigger break single barrel (heavy receiver, the finger grooves in the side of the mono-block style breech, trigger break action). Most likely some version of the American Trigger Action model made between 1880-1904. London Twist American, is a known Shattuck marking. Apparently, O.F. Mossberg was an employee of Shattuck before starting his own gun company.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.