Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,970 Posts
With friends like this, who needs enemies ???

And yet he remains on the NRA board.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
I've seen previous posts about Jackson. He's a relic of a different era, joined the Texas Rangers when the 38 Special, pump gun, and, for the Texas Rangers, the Winchester 94 were the only firearms. Jackson did serve until 1993, but I suspect he's just pining for the good old days.
He's on the board because of his fame as a Ranger, and I suspect he''s had a number of frank discussions by now about not supporting the people who want to kill off the 2nd Amendment.

·
59,970 Posts
Still does not keep him from talking.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
94,222 Posts
Actually Joaquin is a creature of the Texas DPS when it carried the Model 28 Highway Patrolman in 357 Mag and most Rangers carried 1911A1s (or rather Government Models) in 45. Interesting fella, but I think he's gone senile or something.

·
59,970 Posts
Senile maybe, but still talkative.

·
94,222 Posts
Nobody ever said senility prevented loquaciousness. And of course - doesn't prevent foolishness, either.

·
59,970 Posts
You have a point

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well the old codger is a little to late as far the as most of us go. At least I would like to thank so. I dont think the way he feels about assault weapons will change the way the NRA thanks. Do you?

·
94,222 Posts
Nope. May have an effect on whether he is nominated for further service on the NRA Board, though. Or re-elected if nominated.

·
59,970 Posts
I have my doubts about the NRA board. There is this guy and then there is the senator who does not have enough sense to see an attorney.

·
94,222 Posts
No, Joaquin isn't an idiot. I've met him, been probably five or six years ago, and he didn't show any sign of having this sort of idea then. Fairly bright guy at one time, so I suspect senility has set in.

As far as the "good" senator is concerned - he panicked as a lot of people do when picked up for a truly embarrassing (if unsustainable) charge. And could be he does have something to hide (if I lived in Idaho and was queer, I'd try hard to hide it - and there have been rumors for several years).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts