Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Very nice family heirloom.My Mother's family lived in Berlin.They moved to the U.S. in the 1950's.Your helmet reminds me of a picture my Aunt has of my Great grandfather.It is a studio picture of him standing by a chair in full dress uniform(wearing his pickelhaube). I live in another state now,but next time i visit i want to make a copy of it,along with military pictures of my Grandfather durring WW2.

Here is a picture of my Grandparents wedding picture.It is I believe early 1930ish.

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
Extremly wondeful piece of your family history. Save it and cherish it.

Tom

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice family heirloom.My Mother's family lived in Berlin.They moved to the U.S. in the 1950's.Your helmet reminds me of a picture my Aunt has of my Great grandfather.It is a studio picture of him standing by a chair in full dress uniform(wearing his pickelhaube). I live in another state now,but next time i visit i want to make a copy of it,along with military pictures of my Grandfather durring WW2.

Here is a picture of my Grandparents wedding picture.It is I believe early 1930ish.
Marcus

That's the reason you speak German so well (smile)!

Nice photo, your Granfather was a Feldwebel (sergeant) those days?

Regards

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you had that as yours for long?

BTW, Denise has come through with a tracking number...I will let you know via e-mail when item arrives to my home.
Shy

I own the helmet since several years, it's inside is marked with the name "Wrobel". I hope one of my children later will appreciate it as much as I do!

Glad the parcel is on the last part of its long way!

Regards

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Congrats!
This is a very rare item, and you are very lucky because for you is also an important "Family piece of history".

Best regards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.