Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the Pickelhaube, my granduncle had before and during WW1 with its WW1 canvas cover.

Regards

·
Registered
241 Posts
Very nice family heirloom.My Mother's family lived in Berlin.They moved to the U.S. in the 1950's.Your helmet reminds me of a picture my Aunt has of my Great grandfather.It is a studio picture of him standing by a chair in full dress uniform(wearing his pickelhaube). I live in another state now,but next time i visit i want to make a copy of it,along with military pictures of my Grandfather durring WW2.

Here is a picture of my Grandparents wedding picture.It is I believe early 1930ish.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Have you had that as yours for long?

BTW, Denise has come through with a tracking number...I will let you know via e-mail when item arrives to my home.

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
Extremly wondeful piece of your family history. Save it and cherish it.

Tom

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice family heirloom.My Mother's family lived in Berlin.They moved to the U.S. in the 1950's.Your helmet reminds me of a picture my Aunt has of my Great grandfather.It is a studio picture of him standing by a chair in full dress uniform(wearing his pickelhaube). I live in another state now,but next time i visit i want to make a copy of it,along with military pictures of my Grandfather durring WW2.

Here is a picture of my Grandparents wedding picture.It is I believe early 1930ish.
Marcus

That's the reason you speak German so well (smile)!

Nice photo, your Granfather was a Feldwebel (sergeant) those days?

Regards

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive seen several of the Pickelhaubes here in the US but have never seen one of the canvas covers. Very interesting!!
kirk1978

Pickelhauben are pretty rare and expensive (though this one is one of the "common" ones). You are right, the canvas covers are even more uncommon.

Regards

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you had that as yours for long?

BTW, Denise has come through with a tracking number...I will let you know via e-mail when item arrives to my home.
Shy

I own the helmet since several years, it's inside is marked with the name "Wrobel". I hope one of my children later will appreciate it as much as I do!

Glad the parcel is on the last part of its long way!

Regards

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Congrats!
This is a very rare item, and you are very lucky because for you is also an important "Family piece of history".

Best regards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts