Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to keep hitting you guy swith 33 questions. Does anyone out there know what the proper ram rod is for the rifle (length & finish) I'm hoping it's the same as a VZ 24, but have a baaaaaaaad feeling........I haven't been able to find many colored pics. I saw one and it looked like it was in the white but couldn't tell on the length. Thanks & Best Wishes, BB

·
Silver Bullet member
2,092 Posts
black bart a proposition : < }

the vz-24 cleaning rod will not work. i believe that it is a multipiece cleaning rod that fits into the butt section if i am not mistaken.
Interested in trading an all matching refurbished CG1895 dated swede 94/14 carbine for your vz-33?
gil

·
Gold Bullet member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Gil, it took me forever to find this one. I've had over a dozen G 33/40's over the years but never the 33. The quality is much better, they look cooler, and only 25k were made...I have a G29o (in VZ 24 stock) that's in great condition if anyone out there wants to trade for a Czech WW2 used mauser (would have to be all matching & unmessed with). No import marks, bluing is about 95%, 660 code, 1939, all metal is matching except barrel bands & stock. Thanks for getting back with me

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here is what the cleaning rods look like

Hard steel and brass. I have drawings and have intended to make a set or two but never got around to it. If some one wants to make a couple sets I will share the drawings.

The cleaning rod under the barrel ends just short of the front sight guard.

Robert

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
BB - you want to sell your 29(ö)? I've got an Isreali rebbl to Nato so all I really have is the receiver.
Sarge

·
Gold Bullet Member
767 Posts

Hard steel and brass. I have drawings and have intended to make a set or two but never got around to it. If some one wants to make a couple sets I will share the drawings.

Robert
I would be interested in your drawings. I have a VZ 33 and no cleaning rods. I have a repro G33/40 rod in it now. PM me and I will give you my email address.

Thanks Rad

·
Gold Bullet member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sarge, really not interested in selling but would consider trading. If you could find a stock, 2 barrel bands, & that goofy but plate, you would have a really nice rifle. I'd imagine you could use a Steyr Columbian, but wouldn't have the birds. The bluing on this one is outstanding. Very little wear, and all all non stock related parts are matching. And there is no slot cut in the front sight (G 29's did not have the cut. I've seen a lot of people trying to pass 660 98's off for 29o's, but they always forget that little detail. Some bonehead bought a converted & mismatched 29o that HAD a stock hood on GB a few weeks back for 1,800??????? I have a completely matching one now, with its original sling, so the hunt is over for me. I've been debating turning it into a hunting rifle. I collect any WW2 used pistols (capture papers only), german daggers, and of course original WW2 used mausers.

·
Gold Bullet member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bohemian, THANK YOU very much. I'm a real stickler about having the right accessories. Mine has an original 33/40 rod in it right now. If anyone out there has one of these for sale, PLEASE PM me. Thanks Again, BB

·
Registered
16 Posts
I's sure like to get a copy of yout drawing and notes, I finally got a VZ-33 after literally years of looking for one. no cleaning rod!

Robert

·
Registered
12 Posts

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please write to me. I'm interested in drawings. [email protected]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts