Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a number of folks say (including some ammo sites) that you should go ahead and replace the springs of the nambu with new springs.

Wondering if I should just go ahead and buy a spring kit now or try it out at the range first?

Curious everyone's thoughts on that?

Thank you

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So regarding ammo.... The local shop has some PCI 8mm boxes but the online reviews were mostly negative (i.e. too underpowered). Should I just order from Steinel (realizing it is back ordered) or give the PCI a chance (after replacing the springs?)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Beside new springs, I recommend you also buy a modern made replacement firing pin before you shoot your Nambu. You won't be happy if you break the tip on the original pin after the first few shots.

- tge

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Get a Wolff spring set. Also, measure your firing pin before ordering one...there are two different lengths.
Thanks -- I'll take it apart tomorrow, take pics and send to Don for the correct replacement pin. In meantime I'll purchase a new spring set. I noticed that when firing it (with snap cap) that instead of a nice crisp click, it felt more like a dull "bluh...." lol. Wondered if it meant a spring of some sort was worn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.