1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Seller is a very nice person & fellow collector. Great price! The line drawing looks like standard type 99 short rifle.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
That guy originally tried to sell that Arisaka manual, for the kind of $$$ that you might spend on good Japanese rifle. He wanted something like 200-300 bucks for it last summer. If it's in Japanese, I can't read it at any price; so it was no use to me...

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That guy originally tried to sell that Arisaka manual, for the kind of $$$ that you might spend on good Japanese rifle. He wanted something like 200-300 bucks for it last summer. If it's in Japanese, I can't read it at any price; so it was no use to me...
Well, I have paid that kind of money for my T-38 and T-30 rifle manuals. I can't read them either but they are still a wealth of information and scarce. I like all the related items & accessories.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,413 Posts
Rob, I have same edition, it includes the long rifle. I have seen a 44 dated manual too, same info. The only thing that changed throughout the years apparently is the order in which the information was presented, and the overall quality. In the late one, IIRC the fold out drawings are in the begining instead of at the end.

I am calling the cops... you stole that one

·
Silver Bullet member
2,413 Posts

I doubt it was this particular manual. The seller is a japanese national and a real nice guy. He has them reguarly as he gets them out of japan.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rob, I have same edition, it includes the long rifle. I have seen a 44 dated manual too, same info. The only thing that changed throughout the years apparently is the order in which the information was presented, and the overall quality. In the late one, IIRC the fold out drawings are in the begining instead of at the end.

I am calling the cops... you stole that one
I think I hear the sirens coming :D
I kinda figgured that it covered both rifles as the cover title mentions "rifle" twice. I can read that much of it.
You saw a T-44 manual? Now that is something I would like to find as well as one for the T-2 ;)

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Must of been a hard days work molesting artillery pieces...44 DATED NOT for a type 44! Go get some sleep.
Dooh! I was kinda frazzled last night. Been a busy elevator week :eek:
Well, I'd still like to find those manuals :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts