Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I just wanted to share this nice M27 I picked up recently. I've been trying to get back into collecting Finns, and this one was the rifle to get my feet wet again. It's a pretty nice 1928 Tikka on what I believe is a Remington receiver. It has a Finn matching bolt with the winged connector. Interestingly, the stock is a reused Russian one, but there is no sling hole on the butt. It's dated 1900 underneath the buttplate, so I believe it is a very early stock that never received the sling slot upgrade. There's just a plugged round hole. It's an excellent shooter as well, so it's definitely a keeper! I also just happened to have some original 1920s Finnish ammo laying around too. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Very nice rifle, looks alot like my M27 except you have the added bonus of the front ski-trooper swivel. Looks like maybe a wood plug in the rear buttstock where there might have been a wire swivel installed at some point. Always cool when the date is still legible under the buttplate. Thanks for sharing.

-John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.