Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late Radom - "K" prefix - 2nd Alphabet - made at Steyr. They were in such a hurry to get this one out that they forgot to put the slide legend on it.

For reference see page 74 of 'Axis Pistols' by Jan Still.

·
Copper Bullet member
461 Posts
have you ever seen a late VIS with smooth wood grips

I found a late K serial number, all matching, with one grip panel bakelite (or whatever they were) and the other one smooth wood.

thanks
doc

·
Registered
161 Posts

I found a late K serial number, all matching, with one grip panel bakelite (or whatever they were) and the other one smooth wood.

thanks
doc
Not a late sample but believe these grips were on this pistol for a very long time. I've also seen another similar dated VIS with very similar grip panels.

·
59,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thanks
doc
I have one with two smooth grips like yours. But it is in the latter half of the first alphabet. I have seen three others in the same time frame.

In my opinion they are original.

So a mixture like yours is very possible as they were using whatever they cound find.

·
59,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the same time period, there were wood grips with impressed with the logo found on the bakelaite grips.

·
Registered
34 Posts
radom wood grips

Does anyone have an extra pair of those wood grips they want to sell?
Also I just came across A metal skeletan shoulder stock for the radom. Never seen one before. It works perfect. Can anyone tell me something about it?
Thanks, gary41

·
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
radom grips

I was on the end of that bid too. But as you can see I didn't win. Somebody shot by me so fast I felt the breeze.

·
1,151 Posts
I did not even make it to the end! I got blasted buy before 100.00!!

·
59,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone have an extra pair of those wood grips they want to sell?
Also I just came across A metal skeletan shoulder stock for the radom. Never seen one before. It works perfect. Can anyone tell me something about it?
Thanks, gary41

Don't put the metal stock on the Radom. It is illegal to do so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts