Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
So, which is it? Is it an "assault rifle" or is it "high-powered?" If the media TRULY understood the difference between the two terms (which they might actually be ignoring), they would realize that it cannot be both. Journalistic integrity and accuracy seem to be a thing of myth...

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
U.S. Attorney R. Alexander Acosta needs to go. He shares the writers ignorance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
"It's almost like we have water pistols going up against these high-powered rifles," said John Rivera, president of the Dade County Police Benevolent Association. "Our weaponry and our bulletproof vests don't match up to any of those types of weapons."
I'm going to have to strangle the next person that uses the term 'bullet proof vest'. Its bullet resistant, there is no such thing as bullet proof.

·
Gold Bullet Member
886 Posts
There are so many errors in the one article, it's not even worth pointing them out.

MATT SEDENSKY, Associated Press Writer should be proud of himself. His firearms ignorance (or bias) should lead to a quick promotion in the drive by media.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,911 Posts
I'm going to have to strangle the next person that uses the term 'bullet proof vest'. Its bullet resistant, there is no such thing as bullet proof.
I have nothing wrong with the term. It is proved effective against a certain loading of a cartridge for a certain period of time until it degrades. It seems to have been taken to mean proven to infinite repetitions and any level of exposure.

I too want to see some more data on this, but, i doubt any would be forthcoming. I, however, NEED to know where this author can find AK-47's for $200 mail order. I'm getting myself at least 2. All i see are ones for $500 that require a class 3 C&R from AIM. In fact, any gun you can get mail order that isn't a 19th century antique is going to need some form of federal license. And maybe if the dems weren't tying up the bill to get states to cooperate with instant-check we could get a better and faster database together.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thats what I mean, people hear 'bullet proof vest' and think that its proof against anything. The same with 'cop killer bullets', the other term the Kindergarten News often uses in conjunction with bullet proof vest, magic bullets that peirce anything and have a guidance system in the tip. As for 'assault rifle', assault is an action, not an object. I could go on all day but I'll stop now since I am just preaching to the choir here ;).

·
Copper Bullet member
10,415 Posts
Kind of reminds me of the Black Talon hysteria. I tend to get mad at the media sometimes for printing and/or showing on tv pure trash, but if uninformed idiots would not beleive everything they see on tv or read in the paper, this problem would go away.
Oh yea, another favorite," You mean to tell me you are an NRA member?" I love the look on their face when I tell them that not only am I a member, I am a life member!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
^OMG You're gonna kill us ALL!! *mass hysteria*

Honestly, the hoplophobia has gotten quite out of hand. People need to understand that our freedoms were not purchased by daisies and hopscotch...

·
Registered
125 Posts
+1 arkangel!

As for these worthless piles of animate excrement known as 'thugs', 'gangstas', etc., they are no more than proof that some people are alive merely because it is illegal to kill them and too difficult to get away with it in any case. These 'people' are barbaric narcissists and are capable of comprehending only one thing, that being the threat and use of force. I'd have little problem with these human turds receiving a completely fair and speedy trial followed by a fair and speedy hanging if found guilty. But thats just me, I've always been an eye for an eye or, preferably, eye for a head type :). Can't have that though, they're criminals so they have rights (this message subtitled for the sarcasm impaired).

·
Gold Bullet member
1,563 Posts
... So I've come to a conclusion-to hell with governmental control of firearms!and I simply won't abide by the will of morons to be called "laws" and then expect me to follow them.
Gentlemen,Ladies,in the fine tradition of many Americans that have come before us,I belive we might have to risk some things and disobey some illegitimate laws for the sake of freedom.......
This is a very dangerous thing to say in a public forum, and is likely to draw some pretty unwanted attention to yourself as well as the rest of us who don't want to get labeled lawbreakers.

·
Gold Bullet Member
82 Posts
+2 arkangel,
Your comment sounds like something Thomas Jefferson would have said. There are many others that will not go peaceably into the dark.
Red Ryder

1 - 14 of 14 Posts