Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
570 Posts
Ah, the infamous Ishapore Scrub Special. This was likely some WWI-era British rifle (some are early Ishapores) that got completely scrubbed of its original markings and overhauled at Ishapore in 1948. Basically, they took everything off the receiver, and put mostly Ishapore parts back on. You can occasionally determine the original maker by a proof mark that was missed somewhere.

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,573 Posts
Indeed! I have a No. 4 Mk1* "scrubbed" of all North American markings. These are cool.
Nice rifle, good find.

Ah, the infamous Ishapore Scrub Special. This was likely some WWI-era British rifle (some are early Ishapores) that got completely scrubbed of its original markings and overhauled at Ishapore in 1948. Basically, they took everything off the receiver, and put mostly Ishapore parts back on. You can occasionally determine the original maker by a proof mark that was missed somewhere.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took the handgaurds off and the only thing i saw was a little crown with a G.R.I and crossed flags below it. Wasnt G.R.I pre independence ishapore? also looks like instead of rebluing everything just got painted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.