Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up on the radio this morning. Strange as it sounds, the U.S. dollar has declined in relation to the Haitian national currency!:mad:
Just keep them printing presses rolling and the "Bush Bucks" a flowing. I wouldn't expect ammo to get cheaper the way things are headed [like to becoming the first major third world country].

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,911 Posts
Who is trading haitian currency anyway? Are we talking major or fractions of a cent?

The bush deficit spending, while a major long term factor, is not the reason for the short term fall: The interest rate cut is what is driving people to lower the value of the dollar now. Someone said serbia and eastern europe are tied to the dollar and therefore the exchange rates won't hurt them, but my london financial times tuesday said that even if the dollar exchange rate was ignored eastern europe is going to be hurt badly by the fall in property prices and low liquidity due to account deficits.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
The Dollar's value is backed by its perceived worth/value and not anything really tangible. With the enormous debts the U.S. currently has, faith in the currency will inevitably suffer, but history being cyclical the $ will recover... eventually.
What worries me now is a repetition of post-Vietnam: Democrat as president, economic decline, and "hard times" for some years resulting from general discontent in a leadership mismanaging a war where if there wasn't one things would be pretty good.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,414 Posts
Who the heck are these guys and where did this thread come from? Off-planet?:confused: "It Came From SOMEWHERE...." "In a world where Moderators just dump unwanted threads elsewhere without warning.....":rolleyes:

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,798 Posts
Makes no difference to me, poor before, poor after.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
Over a 30 year period the Canadian dollar's traded at from $1.03 to $.63 US.
Why? Economic problems and the usual overcorrection of currency traders.
Didn't seem to make any difference unless you tried to spend one nation's currency in the other.
I'd suggest that corrective actions are already being taken in the USA, with Bush finally vetoing big spending bills and the Democrats obviously lying on their future spending and taxing plans.
So look for some $ increases in a couple years.
Big deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts