Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine are not yet fully ripe.....still green. But getting large, and pretty full......but they have not turned color yet, or darkened.....are they unsafe to eat before ripe? The pic of the plant that came with it from LOWES had them a dark purple.......

Guess I am just getting too eager......

I will try to post pics on here tommarow.......

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here are the grapes, and my potatoe tire planter.......I have another single tire with potatoes in it......the concord has gotten pretty out of hand, I am learning as I go here......this is the first year we've had THIS many grapes.....so they are bitter at this stage?

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
well concorde grapes should be dark purple when ready not green. You have months to go.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are going to be a lot of wasps hanging around your grapes when they are ready to eat. They like the sugar and they won't like you trying to steal their grapes. At least that's the way it is at my place in southern Indiana. One of my dogs loves grapes too. One for her and one for me. At least she doesn't sting and try to run me off.......Mike

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I HATE wasps.....how to get rid of them without spraying wasp killer on my grapes??? Guess I may have to stand by the plant and spray them as they come in to it. I have already seen them hanging out on it.......

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
Make wasp traps out of 2 liter bottles. Someone will post a link to the plans, or I think we covered that in a previous post which you should find if you run a search through the site archives.

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just made and deployed them to the back yard.....made 3. 1 has a mixture of orange juice, apple juice, and sugar water......1 has just orange juice and water, and the 3rd has bits of banana, sugar water in it. Rubbed vegatable oil in the funnels, so we'll see what happens.....really hoping to cut back on them.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts