Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Diamond Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a photo from the Salpa Line Museum in Finland. I think it is a 107 mm K/77 Field Gun.

This is a great museum, a must see if you are ever in Finland. However, you must wear a helmet. I hit my head more times than I can remember.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
3,850 Posts
Nope, that's the Colonel and Finnbear....I have the same picture in my bunch of pictures....9/2000 trip to Finland.

·
Diamond Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boy Duke, that was a great trip. Colonel Maartinnen was a retired gunner and Finnbear, served together in the Finnish Army. Both had fantastic stories to tell. Randolph Koivisto was a truly larger than life man. I am glad I got to meet him and I'm sorry he is no longer with us.

Here is a picture up Old Duke wandering around a destroyed Finnish Bunker somewhere in Karelia. The russians blew them up after the war. Duke is looking out for "land mines"

·
3,850 Posts
Nahhhh.....I was fumbling with a piece of the bunker that I put in my pocket along with some shell casings I found in there....;-) I didn't know John was spying on me.

Then, again, I might have been getting ready to take a leak, too....

·
3,850 Posts
Looks like Tuco caught me shaking the dew from my lilly....;-)
NAHHH, I was purusing the top of the blasted bunker.....

·
Diamond Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pera promised me that not only my birthday picture photos would be damaged but I might not survive the party.
No soup cannon or the rolling store, but here is a photo of the best bus driver in the world, Simo the Great!

·
3,850 Posts
That fella could get a bus in and out of unbelievable places, couldn't he?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Colonel Maartinnen was a retired gunner and Finnbear, served together in the Finnish Army. Both had fantastic stories to tell. Randolph Koivisto was a truly larger than life man. I am glad I got to meet him and I'm sorry he is no longer with us.
I missed this trip... Randolph told me I HAVE to go. But couldn't do it finanically. Are there any tours planned in the near future?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.