Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Diamond Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a photo from the Salpa Line Museum in Finland. I think it is a 107 mm K/77 Field Gun.

This is a great museum, a must see if you are ever in Finland. However, you must wear a helmet. I hit my head more times than I can remember.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Is that you there?

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,761 Posts
Which of the two are you?

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
Nope, that's the Colonel and Finnbear....I have the same picture in my bunch of pictures....9/2000 trip to Finland.

·
Diamond Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boy Duke, that was a great trip. Colonel Maartinnen was a retired gunner and Finnbear, served together in the Finnish Army. Both had fantastic stories to tell. Randolph Koivisto was a truly larger than life man. I am glad I got to meet him and I'm sorry he is no longer with us.

Here is a picture up Old Duke wandering around a destroyed Finnish Bunker somewhere in Karelia. The russians blew them up after the war. Duke is looking out for "land mines"

·
Site Contributor
1,260 Posts
here is a photo from the Salpa Line Museum in Finland. I think it is a 107 mm K/77 Field Gun.
Actually it is 155 K/77 field gun. The wheels in this particular gun are version less common for these guns - might be only surviving sample with these wheels.

Jarkko

·
4,049 Posts
Nahhhh.....I was fumbling with a piece of the bunker that I put in my pocket along with some shell casings I found in there....;-) I didn't know John was spying on me.

Then, again, I might have been getting ready to take a leak, too....

·
4,049 Posts
Looks like Tuco caught me shaking the dew from my lilly....;-)
NAHHH, I was purusing the top of the blasted bunker.....

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Whatever happened to the birthday party pics? Has the statute of limitations run out yet? Anyone get any pics of the Soup Cannon or the rolling store that followed us around.

·
Diamond Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pera promised me that not only my birthday picture photos would be damaged but I might not survive the party.
No soup cannon or the rolling store, but here is a photo of the best bus driver in the world, Simo the Great!

·
4,049 Posts
That fella could get a bus in and out of unbelievable places, couldn't he?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Colonel Maartinnen was a retired gunner and Finnbear, served together in the Finnish Army. Both had fantastic stories to tell. Randolph Koivisto was a truly larger than life man. I am glad I got to meet him and I'm sorry he is no longer with us.
I missed this trip... Randolph told me I HAVE to go. But couldn't do it finanically. Are there any tours planned in the near future?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts