Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2,756 Posts
If it was real the price would be double that. The F serial should make it 1944/45 manufacture.
It must be unfired- just looked up the RAN's involvement in Korea and their list of expended ordnance doesn't include a single .303 round!

I might give 'em a ring in the morning and ask some "innocent" questions...

·
2,756 Posts
AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

I knew there was something important I had to do this morning! BUGGER! Oh, well..... just stick with me, I'll leave a sticky note on my coke bottle in the fridge to ring about that rifle in the morning.
....sorry fella's

·
2,756 Posts
...well, I spoke to the dealer this afternoon.... He is adamant that the rifle was fitted up with scope and mounts by RAN armourers at an RAN workshop in the early fifties. It even had the rifle number engraved on the scope. He said they are very rare, he had only ever seen one other similar, but it was an RAAF one built by RAAF armourers..... I was going to offer to sell him a bridge in Sydney that was also built by Navy engineers during a weekend shore leave when they had docked on the opposite side of the harbour to Kings Cross. (It has a broad arrow stamped on it, but I forget exactly where...)

BTW, the rifle has been sold to a lucky collector in Sydney..... maybe he'll buy the bridge off me.........

I take it from your responce, DocAV, that you are in the dark on this one too. Others I have spoken to who's opinions I also value have said the same thing. I'd think $300 worth of rifle, $150 worth of scope and over 2 grand worth of bullshit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.