Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opened and old case of 7.62X39 that I found lurking in the Closet at my Mom's house and found two tins in the case. I know that case is Eastern European. I bought it from SOG back in the late 80's and would rather keep the tins sealed but would like to know where it is from and maybe get a hint if it is loose, strippered, paper wrapped? I have a pic of the Tins with their markings and also the import label from the underside of the case lid.

Thanks for the help guys, I am just getting all my things together that were spread out over the state for the last 25 years and trying to figure out what it is. Thank God I had moved a lot of stuff to other places a few years before Katrina got me.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,572 Posts
Magyar = Hungarian.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hungarian made 7.62x39mm. This ammo has a grey lacquered steel case, copper washed steel jacketed, steel core projectile. Primers are corrosive and the ammo will be packed in 20 rd. thin cardstock boxes. The ammo was produced in 1968 by factory "23", one of two Hungarian factories that produced this caliber. Assuming proper storage over the past 40 years, this stuff should be good, average Com-bloc M-1943 ball ammo.

D.D.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info on this ammo. The case has been duly marked and stored away back in a closet. I appreciate the responses.

Thanks again,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts