1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I would agree, he was up to no good and possibly stopped from doing a massacre... "jihadi"? Need more background but on the surface... yes, I would think so. We better get our AK collections up to snuff, if things keep going this way they'll try and ban them again. Never met an AK I liked to shoot anyway. Like the SKS far better.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
  1. Name: Houssein Zorkot
  2. Appearance:
    1. Middle Eastern
    2. recently shorn hair and beard
This guy sneaking around in "tactical" getup with an AK...

This ain't rocket science, Connie...

DD

EDIT: MORE INFO http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2007/09/018449.php
Rocket Science? You know about Rocket Science? LMAO! You offered NO evidence, until later postings; except the obvious and I AGREED WITH YOU! You need to read peoples posts more carefully before casting aspersions

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The info I posted was from the linked article.

You may also note the punctuation in the title I gave the thread.

I did misread your post -- mea culpa -- but wasn't "casting aspersions" -- sorry if it came off that way.

In any case -- another practitioner of "The religion of peace" apparently prevented from committing extreme violence, another smoking-gun story buried by the MSM.

I'm noticing a pattern... Any of these stories that can somehow justify (in lib-"logic") further erosion of the basic civil rights of law-abiding folk gets blown out of proportion, while stories of real dangers get buried, and the pertinent (read:religious motivation) details get ignored completely.

Motive should be obvious by now...

I even agree with you about the SKS, if I could only find one that could take the detatchable mags (spare me the duckbill crap) I'd be all set.

I have one in an side-folder that rocks - 20RD Chinese mag works great, I just wish it would accept AK mags...

DD

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I would agree, he was up to no good and possibly stopped from doing a massacre... "jihadi"? Need more background but on the surface... yes, I would think so. We better get our AK collections up to snuff, if things keep going this way they'll try and ban them again. Never met an AK I liked to shoot anyway. Like the SKS far better.
Compared to the M14/M1A or M1 or, heck...even the Springfield 03A3 or Finn M39, I never saw an AK or SKS I liked.

I never could hit a thing at 300 yards with an AK/SKS. I'm talking body-sized targets. Real rifles hit at 300 yards with boring regularity.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you want an SKS with a detachable mag keep your eyes peeled for a Chinese SKS-M,it was made at the factory by the Chinese to take standard AK-type mags.
I shot one a few years ago and from what I can tell,they function well.
Fit and finish were nice.
They tend to command a higher price when they do come up for sale,but I think that's offset by the fact that they stand out a bit and aren't something you see every day(unless you own one)
My .02 cents.

Back on topic,I've noticed that trend also DD.The lib media can't scream loud enough whenever "The Government" (meaning any Republican) screws up,but good news might as well not exist at all for all we hear of it.
They're too busy singing hosannas about their Democrat of choice
Or cramming the latest celebrity/drama suet down the public's throat.
This is why I quit watching T.V. about 5 years ago.

On the other hand,I've had more money for things I like(guns and ammo)now that I'm not paying $50 bucks a month to have my intelligence insulted.
It all evens out in the end.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
How about a Commie M14?.A good number of these Chinese made M14's have showed up on the civilian market here lately,new in the cosmo.The couple I handled seemed nicely made for Chinese weapons.However people like Zorkot don't need a M14 or similar accurate rifle to commit a crime....and if a AK was used you can guarantee that other semi-auto's would be banned along with them.

·
Silver Bullet member
34,398 Posts
I wish I could lay hands on a Norinco M14 clone. Used to see them at every gun show, but they've dried up. Of course, if I had my druthers, I'd have a Springfield SOCOM.

The SKS is OK if you don't expect more out of it than it was designed for. A three or four inch group at 100 yards is about the best it will do, but it was never designed for long-range shooting. My biggest complaint about the SKS is that verdammt short LOP. Other than that, it's a nice little gun for blowing holes in the mud.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Oh, I'd snatch up any M14S from China if I didn't already own one. It's leaning against a wall just a few feet away now. At times I have been tempted to purchase a second one.

If budget dictates an SKS or AK and a semi-auto is not already owned, then I guess you have to go with one. Perhaps it is a symptom of my recent return to competitive rifle shooting, but I favor the ability to hit targets further out over the ability to fire many shots rapidly. Many shooters only have access to a rifle range that doesn't go beyond 100 yards/meters, so they wouldn't necessarily realize their own abilities to hit further out.

The M14 and other battle rifles nicely combine rapidity of fire and hitting further out. Still, my bias holds that I would rather have an M39 Mosin over an SKS or AK. I missed a bronze medal in the CMP Vintage Match at Perry this summer by four points with my 1968 M39 shooting indifferently loaded military surplus ammo. I do not believe I could've scored better with an AK or SKS at 200 yards as I did with the M39. I remember shooting my first M39 out at the 300 yard range at Fort Riley from the prone. It never missed. Various SKS and AKs fired off sandbags on the shooting bench never seemed to endanger the target at that range.

If you recall the L.A. bank robbery with the two kevlar-wearing, full-auto AK-wielding thugs, you'll remember that they managed not to kill any police officers with their "fearsome" weapons. Had a competitive rifle shooter or even novice hunter been present with his kit, those AK guys would've been put down in very short order.

If funds are short, I'd start with filling the "long range" niche first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts