Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have to give Acr a big thanks for making me order this. I couldn't resist after he received his. $520 shipped to my dealer. $10 for the transfer. Mags fit with very little movement and the sight base has a very slight cant. Nothing to get excited about. This is a lot of rifle for the price. As mentioned, I sure couldn't have built one any cheaper. If you're wanting a Romanian RPK, I strongly recommend giving these a look.

ps. It was nice of you guys to all join the month I was born. :)

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
50,539 Posts
I agree, a new Romy RPK kit alone is going to go for more then I paid for the whole rifle. I varnished the wood last night in hopes of getting the laminate to stand out alittle better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I varnished the wood last night in hopes of getting the laminate to stand out alittle better.
How did that turn out? I'm kicking myself because I bought a nice Romanian RPK stock set from IO a while back and fitted it to my Norinco 91. It would sure look good on this Romanian. Did you apply any stain?

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
50,539 Posts
It turned out pretty good, I used a walnut stain which is alittle dark, I might redo it in a "redder" shade...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow, Id love to have one, if my other two AK's didnt need to be fed 7.62x39mm already...but if I win the lotto, ill get one

·
Registered
258 Posts
That looks great buddy! You said you would beat me to a review and you did. Maybe I can get some pictures of mine up tomorrow.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have been absent for a while on the board so please pardon me if I missed some info. Who did you order your RPK from?

Looks quite nice by the way.

GG

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm glad they went with the heavier barrel on the AES. The first run with the standard barrel left something to be desired.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts