Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've seen/heard of some claims that the late 90's polish/bulgarian/whatever ammo for sale is non corrosive..... if so, what year was non-corrosive started? i treat all surplus 5.45 like it's corrosive, only the Wolf i don't worry about. i just ordered a couple of tins from century.... 90's production. also, if you had a choice between 90's ,and 70's for say 10 bucks a tin cheaper, would'nt it be a no brainer to go with the 90's?

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
All the Com/Block military ammo is corrosive.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Agree for the same price go with the most recent date. The Russian, Polish and Bulgarian military ammo plants did NOT change to non corrosive primed ammo, so when you get your ammo clean according to those rules. Corrosive berdan primed ammo is what the spec calls for and that is what is shipped to the military now. Drafted soldiers are trained to clean up the mess, and if a weapon starts to rust they can send it to direct support for repair.
The only reason they sell that round with a NC primer is because the US retail market demands it. Any such claim that military surplus comblock ammo is non corrosive is just sales BS.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you, that's what i thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts