Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to purchase a new Anderson lower at a very resonable price.
I've done a few builds so I'm not new to AR's.
From what I've read, they are milspec, forged with a good, durable finish. I think the horse logo and the rest of the stamps are a little over the top but that's just me. I've read that there may have been issues with the forward pin detent spring location being off but I'm looking to see what other users on this forum thinks of them.
Any complaints or issues ? (Good or Bad)
Thanks,
Mark

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,623 Posts
I bought a couple blems when they were on sale last. I got the cooler looking pictogram multical lower, and thought it was a good value for the money. The are from USGI forged platters, and everything seemed to be machined right. I got a good fit to a $40 Anderson bare upper, and made a nice .22LR with some CMMG goodies. Everything fit like it was supposed to, I would buy another.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I never built an AR lower before; got a good deal on one at a gun show - took me about 1-1/2 hours to build following an online pictorial. The parts kits was also Anderson; it all went together without issue. At the range the trigger was hanging up (wouldn't reset without help) the first 5 shots. I figured there was a burr or grit involved; after the first 5 rounds it works perfectly. I made it a dedicated lower for my AAC .300 Blackout upper; now with a Vortex SPARC-II it is a no nonsense carbine; plain and simple:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
That sounds like a good deal. If I thought I could afford a second AR right now, I'd be tempted to build one up on one of these receivers.

Colt farmed-out their short-lived LE 6900 model to Anderson. The Colt "Competition" line might be a similar situation from what I've read. Anderson must have a pretty good production capacity.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,563 Posts
That sounds like a good deal. If I thought I could afford a second AR right now, I'd be tempted to build one up on one of these receivers.

Colt farmed-out their short-lived LE 6900 model to Anderson. The Colt "Competition" line might be a similar situation from what I've read. Anderson must have a pretty good production capacity.
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...pleted-waiting-on-parts&p=3056907#post3056907

I just finished my first ever build 80 Lower and it turned out ok. IMO though there was an issue with the detent hole drilled way too close out of spec on the takedown bolt. However, its been solved-- I ordered an KNS bolt that don't require detent.
Good Luck. am

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.