Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some updated collection pics with the bayonet on my Turk Mauser. It looks like these guys will soon be joing by an Enfield 2A. and a M38 or if Omega has any a Chinese Mauser. Please someone let me know if Omega has any of those Chinese Mauser's left my T-53 turned out nice enough for me to look at after a little cleaning although it needs a Chinese cleaning rod.
:D:);):cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Marlin model 60 is the pick of the litter. I have one and have shot thousands of rounds through it. It is circa mid 70's as well.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
Your doing great young padawan. Very nice looking collection!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was wondering if the 14 round mag on the Marlin would cause problems with our CA gun laws. I am guessing because its .22 it is an exception. Anybody know?

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
I got an M989M2 Carbine that I've had since 1964. It's had a few thousand rounds thru it, don't you know! I've kept it because it was my first rifle. I've kept it in pristine condition and keep it bright and nearly-new for that old of a rifle. It's the short carbine with the 7 round detachable magazine, plain Monte Carlo stock with white inserts. I wouldn't let go of it for the world.

Keep up the work, young collector. One of these days, us old guys will pass on and some fine surplus rifles will hit the markets....:D

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,323 Posts
I was wondering if the 14 round mag on the Marlin would cause problems with our CA gun laws. I am guessing because its .22 it is an exception. Anybody know?
I believe I've seen 30rd .22 mags for sale at Big-5.

SB-23 and the 10-round mag limit refers to semi-automatic, centerfire rifles. .22 rimfire is not centerfire and therefore not covered by the SB-23, the ban of so-called "assault weapons".

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got an M989M2 Carbine that I've had since 1964. It's had a few thousand rounds thru it, don't you know! I've kept it because it was my first rifle. I've kept it in pristine condition and keep it bright and nearly-new for that old of a rifle. It's the short carbine with the 7 round detachable magazine, plain Monte Carlo stock with white inserts. I wouldn't let go of it for the world.

Keep up the work, young collector. One of these days, us old guys will pass on and some fine surplus rifles will hit the markets....:D
What do you know! That Marlin Model 60 was my first rifle.:)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Your doing great young padawan. Very nice looking collection!
C&Rriflecollector91, Thats a very nice collection and I think all collections should contain at least one Marlin Model 60.

Ihatemacs, I never figured you as a Star Wars fan.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts