Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is allowed here.

I am doing work for some of you, and there have been some developments you need to be aware of.
I had hernia surgery in April, a double nerve block on my back in late May. Both of these required time off from the shop.
About 5 weeks ago, my wife had an accident and hurt her wrist. She was unable to use her left hand. 3 weeks later, after the swelling went down, she had it xrayed. It was broken in 2 places. So- surgery to re-break the bone and screw a plate in to hold everything in place. Now she is in a cast for 4-6 weeks.
Since I am doing almost everything in the house, not much time in the shop.

So- I'm way behind, but starting to catch up. Please be patient.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.
I'm OK- just busy with her-plus we were doing home upgrades when all this started. Had the exterior of the house painted, and a huge tree cut down between the shop and house.
If it isn't one thing, it's another!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Get well wishes to you both.

Those nerve blocks will eventually wear off so be prepared for a tune-up and if it's your lumbar region (like mine) talk to the doc about facet rhizotomy/ablation/lesioning ie. burning some of the nerves out for longer relief.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Oh man, when it rains it pours!! I hope that both you and your wife feel better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks.
Now i have a wisdom tooth with a bad nerve! It's gotta come out. Dang!
Until you get it pulled try sips of ice cold water for some relief. I know it sounds counterintuitive but it works and got me through a few days during Hurricane Sandy when my pain hit. You'll be relieving yourself often.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It seemed to be painful when I ate/drank something cold. Dentist put the cold stuff on it and I couldn't even feel it. It's not the tooth, but the nerve going bad. 3 Advil have controlled it fine today. Can't get into oral surgeon until the middle of next month! I have heavy pain meds if necessary.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts